Inclusion and Special Needs
Greenholm Primary School is an inclusive school. We value and welcome children from all walks of life and are committed to providing the right education for all the children in school. Some children have particular needs such as special needs, physical needs, behavior, and emotional needs or may be gifted and talented.
At Greenholm inclusion and equality for all learners is at the heart of our SEND provision. We are committed to providing expert support and resources for children with SEND to maximize their individual potential.
This is achieved by:
- Our principal focus on meeting the needs of every child through consistently experiencing the quality first teaching and learning throughout the school.
- A great emphasis on working together to support the early identification of needs through careful, thorough and purposeful monitoring approaches
- Working with outside agencies (e.g. Pupil School Support, Educational Psychologist, Communication and Autism Specialist Teacher…)
- Undertaking a rigorous system of tracking children’s attainment and progress, which supports both academic and personal achievement by identifying barriers to learning.
- Using a wide range of strategies to foster a culture of lifelong learning and independent living skills for all children.
As a result of this, ‘The majority of pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities in most year groups are making good progress. ‘(OFSTED 2017)